Please be advised: ATC is only accepting referrals for AAC services and is no longer accepting referrals for other programs. This change takes effect on April 1st, 2022 and will be in place permanently moving forward.
The point of using dummy text for your paragraph is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters. making it look like readable English.
If you need to consult a professional for your Seating and mobility needs, please feel free to reach out to one of the providers on this list.
ATC is an Expanded Level AAC Clinic designated by the Ministry of Health Assistive Devices Program (ADP) to provide AAC services for individuals who have physical limitations that affect their face-to-face communication, and/or affect their ability to use a regular keyboard and/or mouse. Our award-winning AAC team will provide assessment, prescription of communication/writing aids, and training and support as appropriate.
Age range of population served: 18 years of age and older
Geographical area covered: Adult clients from across Ontario. Services will be provided either in-clinic or virtually, as appropriate for each client.
Population served: The ATC AAC Clinic provides service to outpatients, as well as Toronto Grace Health Centre’s inpatients.
- Face-to-Face Communication: Anyone whose speech does not meet his or her daily communication needs.
- Written Communication: Anyone with a long-term physical disability whose writing does not meet his or her daily functional written communication needs and/or requires adapted access for computers.
- Restrictions: Individuals with congenital conditions, developmental disabilities, or severe cognitive impairments are excluded.
There is no charge for the initial assessment, equipment recommendations, and training, however the client is responsible for all remaining costs, including the cost of AAC equipment, software and administration fees.
Where Ontario’s ADP eligibility criteria are met, the applicant may access ADP funding for the purchase or lease of a communication aid, which will cover 75% of the cost of the prescribed equipment. The applicant is then responsible for remaining costs, including the 25% ADP client portion, AAC administration fee, and shipping.
Complete the referral form and fax it to ATC. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an assessment.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
ATC AAC Clinic
650 Church Street
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G5
Get the Referral Document
Download the document here, or share it directly with your healthcare provider if you know their email address.
Beginning April 1st
ATC Will Only Be Providing AAC Services
Beginning on April 1st, 2022, ATC will be permanently limiting its care to providing AAC services and will no longer be accepting referrals for neurology, seating and mobility, diet and nutrition, physiotherapy, or speech therapy.
Our AAC services will continue to operate from our new home – The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre in Downtown Toronto – and is now open for referrals for all adult clients. We look forward to continuing our work through this program and encourage you to continue onto our website to learn more or to get in touch with our team.
Alternatively, if you are trying to reach one of the Neurologists who was previously working with ATC in support of a Movement Disorder or MS diagnosis, please feel free to contact them directly at 416 785 2500 Ext 2717, or fax your referral to 647 788 4886.